February 8, 2020
Hello Friends of MAXPRO!
You most likely have heard about the deadly coronavirus that has been spreading in and out of China. Thursday the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the virus a global health emergency, and the Chinese government has extended Chinese New Year for at least one more week, asking all companies to remain closed.
To recap our progress to date:
• As promised, we completed tooling on time in mid-December.
• We started a limited quantity part production run on Dec 26th.
• We had our first shipment end of December to internal parties for evaluation.
• We have been showcasing these production parts at the Consumer’s Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in early January, and then at the LA Fit Expo last weekend.
• We had over one thousand people try out the production parts and they were overwhelmingly positive with their praise.
• We also noticed some production tuning issues that we were working to resolve, that would still have allowed us to ship in mid-January to our early backers.
• Now, coronavirus outbreak
With all of this said, how will this recent virus epidemic further impact your MAXPRO ship date? Unfortunately, it is still are not clear to us either. We are waiting for our manufacturing partner to return to work, then let us know our production dates, but of course, we will be keeping you informed with regular updates as we learn of them. Please stay tuned for more information.
We are sorry for the delay in getting MAXPRO in your hands to use every day, but these circumstances are beyond our control at this time. Thank you very much for your understanding, and if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out at email@example.com.
The MAXPRO Team