41 Ways To Live A Holistic Life – Consistently
What does Holistic living mean to you? To most, Holistic living is choosing a sustainable way to live a healthy and balanced life. There are certain things you can do to get your mind, body, and spirit in alignment to get you on your way to living a truly Holistic life.
Check Out These 41 Ways to Live a Holistic Life
1. Start and end your day in gratitude. Keep a journal in which you write down 10 things that you are grateful for or meditate and think of what you are grateful for. As a result, you will be surprised at how you will attract even more things to be grateful for.
2. Live in aligned actions. Proactively do things that truly fill your spirit and make you feel whole, instead of pushing yourself to the otherwise.
3. Make to-do lists to keep your thoughts clear. Studies show just taking the time to write out your tasks for the day will not only declutter your mind, but it also gives you peace.
4. Focus on the positives to maintain your mindset. It seems that almost 99.9% of the population focus solely on the negative. Yes, it takes work to be positive, but it is possible. By doing so, we can create a healthy mindset.
5. Give everything your all. Life is too short to leave things undone.
6. Surrender to the things you cannot change. In life, to ease your stress and anxiety, sometimes it is best to walk away or to stop trying to change the things that will not change. Often, when we do, they will change within time and without our doing.
7. Live in grace and ease. Our society often talks about living a life of “hustle”. But I have found that doing what I can and believing in what will come often gives me the results that I am seeking – minus the stress.
8. Practice patience. Again, you do not have to hustle and push to make something happen. Try to let things happen on their own and in their time. Embrace patience.
9. Do not dwell on your bad moments. In any moment, as author Gabby Bernstein says, you can choose again and not stay stuck in negative thought systems that you may have on repeat. You can choose to let go of the negative thought and move forward.
10. Embrace trust. Live a life in which you believe that everything is always working in your favor. When you do, interestingly you will find that it indeed always is.
11. Develop a belief system of possibilities. Remember, you can choose what you believe. At any moment of your life, you can choose to see things differently.
12. Build your self-worth. Stop any feelings of unworthiness. It will stop you from thriving.
13. Promote yourself. Give yourself the ability to recognize your gifts and to recommend yourself for certain tasks or projects that you want to do. This is not bragging, this is confidence.
14. Say “yes” to things that scare you. It’s beyond your fear that you will find the greatest experiences.
15. Leave social media behind when you can. Unless it is for work.
16. “Act” already. It’s the only way to truly get anywhere.
17. Keep a good perspective. Meaning; Don’t stress about the details.
18. Learn to let go. This way, you can keep your eyes focused on what’s ahead.
19. Don’t try to please others. This is your life and you have to be okay with it.
20. Do what is necessary – now. It’s not always easy and not always fun. Do it anyway.
21. Push yourself a little each day. If you improve by just 0.1% a day, within 10 years you’ll be 38 times as good.
22. Control your time. The difference between those who reached success and those who haven’t is how they spend their time.
23. Keep a personal hobby. Something that can truly relax you.
24. Invest in yourself. Books, Skills, Coaches, Knowledge & Personal Power > Entertainment, Luxury, Material Things & Fleeting Joy.
25. Stay around amazing people. Since research has revealed that you are the average of the five people who you spend the most time with, then who would you want to spend your time being around?
26. Fall deeply in love with yourself. Many times, before someone can fall in love with us, we must first fall in love with ourselves – embracing our flaws and all.
27. Be grateful. You have more than you think you do.
28. Keep a sense of humor about everything. If you can laugh about it eventually you can laugh about it now.
29. Maintain a daily routine. If you do not do things daily for balance and growth, then do not do it at all.
30. Follow the *highest* priority. Never replace something of a higher priority for something with a lesser priority.
31. Focus on how to add more positives. Instead of trying to limit the negatives, trying to save yourself and trying to protect what you have, create so many amazing, positive things that should something fall off it won’t matter. Stack the good stuff!
32. Accept yourself. You are who you are, like what you like, and want what you want. A desire to be more or change does not disqualify that.
33. Chase your passion. If you do not know it yet, then chase figuring it out!
34. Become your own best friend. Be the person who does not let you get away with lies to yourself and who pushes you the most to do better.
35. Start today. There is no more perfect time than now.
36. Meditate daily. It adds so much for such little effort.
37. Don’t try to figure out everything. Life is a mess and a mystery. What you do is more important than what you know.
38. Stand behind your choices. Own up to what you chose to do. It may not always turn out great, but it was made with the best intentions.
39. Remember there is no “easy” button. Hard and smart work, not easy work, leads to success.
40. Define your success. Do not idly chase someone else’s dream. Define your own. Chase it with all you’ve got.
41. Live a life worth living. If you do not do what you love, what’s the point to all of this? It’s your life after all, right? So, live your own life – this one precious life of yours.
About the author: Lukas Schwekendiek is a life coach, speaker, and writer. His work has been published on TIME, Inc.com, and The Huffington Post. He is based in Germany